Join us on Friday, September 9, 2011 at The Riverside Church for Attica is All of Us, an evening of music, performances and conversation to mark the 40th anniversary of the Attica Rebellion and Massacre and address mass incarceration and current prison struggles. Free and open to the public.
- Attica Brothers, represented by:
Calvin “Hutch” Hutchinson
William Anthony Maynard
Al Hajji Sharif
- Asha Bandele, Drug Policy Alliance, Journalist
- Baba Amiri Baraka, African-American Poet Laureate, Pan-African Elder Statesman, & Community Activist
- Dhoruba Al-Mujahid Bin-Wahad, Consultant, Institute For Development of Pan-African Policy, Ghana, W. Africa
- Soffiyah Elijah, Executive Director, Correctional Association
- Elizabeth Fink, Attica Brothers Legal Defense
- Amy Goodman, Journalist, Author; Host and Executive Director, Democracy Now!
- Joseph “Jazz” Hayden, Campaign to End the New Jim Crow
- Jamal Joseph, former Black Panther; Chair, Columbia University’s School of the Arts Film division
- Cornel West, Professor, Public Intellectual & Activist and more….
Attica is All of Us
Friday, September 9, 2011
7-10 P.M. (doors open at 6:30 P.M.)
490 Riverside Drive New York, NY 10027
(Enter on Claremont Avenue)
For more information on the Attica Prison Rebellion, click here.